Soundstream Rubicon 604 not powering on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried to power up the Soundstream Rubicon 604 I bought with unknown malfunction.
It draws absolutely zero current. Fuses are good and do not blow.

Next time we work on the amp we'll check the schematics and follow the path, maybe check how the remote functions.

Any pointers where to look first ?

Alright, got the measurements from the SG3524 chip.
Got the datasheet from the web. I put the negative lead on PIN1, is that alright ?

Positive lead on PIN:

1 -
2 1.95 VDC
3 0.15 VDC
4 -6.8 milliVDC
5 -6.8 milliVDC
6 3.01 VDC
7 1.96 VDC
8 -6.8 milliVDC
9 3.86 VDC
10 -3.7 milliVDC
11 0.28 VDC
12 12.22 VDC
13 12.22 VDC
14 7.25 VDC
15 12.22 VDC
16 4.63 VDC

Afterwards I removed the board from the heatsink and noticed damage to the underside which I had not noticed looking from topside. Here are some pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I previously owned a 604 like this one, but can't remember for sure whether the parts indicated in the following picture were on it. Are they supposed to be ?

Last edited:
I wish I knew what gate resistors and gate driver transistors are :)

Anyway, I was planning to replace all six of the transistors I already desoldered two of (Q145 etc).
I'll probably replace the four nearby tiny upright resistors, which are located between the transistors and group of five capacitors, as at least one of them showed it hat gotten hot, though that might have been caused by me touching it by accident (incompetence :) ) with the soldering iron :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.