soundstream ref 604 schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you twist/push/pull on the transformer, does the current draw vary?

No but it's limited to 5A, not sure if I would see it jump. Transformer/windings look in good shape. Rails not changing by moving it around.

What's the DC voltage on the gate legs of the FETs?

One side ~1.96V on all, the other side 3.2V. Hmmm

What's the DC voltage on the center leg of the FETs?

~6.7V on all

Replaced the other PNP, now current draw was ok, 12V was steady but then the 22ohm 2W wired across the transformer feeding into the rectifier diodes started cooking and it was no longer pulling excessive current. I can't win with this LOL. I had to current limit to about an amp to keep it from being toast.

Ah, now that I think about it it was probably the deox I had sprayed on the switch to clean the contacts. I probably got some on the resistor when I was spraying it.

I re-installed the filtering inductors and all is good. No problems that I see now. It needs a full test now with loads but power supply is good to go. No more excessive current. Thanks for you help, I learned a few things too in the process.

Do you have an A/D/S PS5 manual in your collection? If no, would you like scans of it?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.