Soundstream 500 resistor help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this damage is from pushing the amp too hard, period. think about it, 4 fets for 500watts? this is one of the big factors that made these amps fail with any abuse. definitely their weak point. i have one of these exact amps running on irf3205's, cool and stable all day long.

Thanks for the replies. i was able to replace the fets and the resistors and the amp is back up an running. I agree the ohms is low and such, but the amp has worked pretty much flawless for at least 12 years, so I would say thats a pretty good return on investment. AK, I agree, it problably is from running it a bit too hard, I've got my phoenix gold PLD1 pushing the 5 volts to it and now have the gains on the amp to minimum and it seems to be running now pretty well. AZVRT, I don't have the schematics yet, if you have them, I'd love to still get them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.