Soundproof Listening Room

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just did a quick read of Dr. Geddes work (Chapter 4) and he seems to be discussing something other than sound containment. He seems to be discussing how to get a room to sound good, not be soundproof.

I read geddes' book. My impression: Aside from the atrocious proofreading and ubiquitous typos, he establishes a pretty good (well referenced) foundation for sound creation and acoustic theory, and then when it comes to building rooms he just gives a recipe (may be at least partially based on CEDIA recommendations) and doesn't really justify or explain anything or cite references, and he is VERY obsessed with soundproofing. Decoupled ceiling, double walls, special duct silencers - the whole gamut. One thing I note, he seems to be interested in rooms that are quite reflective, and recommends directive speakers toed in to minimize side reflections. Could it be he recommends rooms that work with his speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.