SoundEasy V11 Comments appreciated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Driver Editor and EasyLab T/S Relation?

I'm getting quite confused about the relationship between the Driver Editor and the EasyLab T/S. It seems that EasyLab T/S gets data from the Driver Editor, but will also change data in the Driver Editor when you do a "Basic T/S" ins EasyLab. Does anyone know why this is?

Re: Driver Editor and EasyLab T/S Relation?

soongsc said:
I'm getting quite confused about the relationship between the Driver Editor and the EasyLab T/S. It seems that EasyLab T/S gets data from the Driver Editor, but will also change data in the Driver Editor when you do a "Basic T/S" ins EasyLab. Does anyone know why this is?
Okay, got this understood I think. It seems some of the data is shared directly between the Driver Editor and some you need to GET. Not a good software design approach to allow two parts of the software have direct access to the parameters, but that's the way it is now.

Funny problem

After creating driver data, I tried creating a PROJECT loading the driver. There are two weird things, 1) when the driver is loaded, I get error messages saying the driver has a different frequency range setting than my SE, and also says the loaded System frequency range is different from my SE setting this occurs even if my SE setting had not changed since I created the driver database. 2) after loading the driver, my default SE setting get changed and I have no control in the process to even select whether I want to change the default settings or not.

Poor product support. Does anyone know anything about it?

My experience using the SoucnEasy product has not been easy. If I send in Email asking about problems and questions about the program, only about half get answered, and very few address the subject properly. Trying to get help from the user group on Yahoo is not very successful either. Does anyone know anything about the software?

No support for different port locations?

I've been testing SE on a ported design, it seems that variation in port location is not taken into acount. I'm beginning to understand why some say that SE is not precise enough. Baffle diffraction only seems to allow rectangular baffle; however, it seems to allow multiple drivers ignoring XO.

The features I've used so far can be found though freeware if you don't mind pulling them together.

I am tempted to summarize some things I like and don't like after I run though one project.

16 bit to 24 bit

Starting to run SE in the 24bit mode. Everything seems to work okay after some glitches in the beginning of switching from 16 bit. Never though software needed break-in.:confused: Things like this seem to happen once in a while. when something changes.

Using the EasyLab portion of SE, I found that changes in setting using one tool will effect the settings in other tools will be changed as well. So when you switch between tools, you need to remember to check the settings again. This is really a pain if you want to just get consistent measurements and have to remember settings for each tool.

I'm beginning to understand why some say that SE is not precise enough.

I am tempted to summarize some things I like and don't like after I run though one project.

Hi,soongsc
After reviewing many reports it seems that SE indeed is not precise enough even though it has got many special and unique functions inside.In the updated manual few practical ones have been renewing.It also seems that ASIO driver is not supported in SE(nowadays the mainstream soundcard).I have accounted for ordering a copy,but I hesitate as more reviews should be under observation.You have utilized SE for years,what do you think?Thanks for sharing!

Hi,soongsc
After reviewing many reports it seems that SE indeed is not precise enough even though it has got many special and unique functions inside.In the updated manual few practical ones have been renewing.It also seems that ASIO driver is not supported in SE(nowadays the mainstream soundcard).I have accounted for ordering a copy,but I hesitate as more reviews should be under observation.You have utilized SE for years,what do you think?Thanks for sharing!

I think it has constantly improved over the years. But you have to decide what is important to you. For me, major importance is design flow integration and data viewing options. These have been improved over the years. The latest version supports WASAPI, so I think there should be less compatibility issues. I am not sure whether there is a real need for ASIO or not since it is the timing alignment between the output and input that counts during data measurement where latency does not seem to effect result.

The latest version allows me to save enclosure design work so that I can compare. This is one thing I really appreciate.

Wavelets capability allows me to evaluate driver design change effect certain performance, which is also very beneficial to me.

There are some other changes in measurement and the saved impulse file format I have not tried yet.

After all these years, I have no regret that I selected SE as my main development tool. How many software gets updates nearly every year based on user feedback?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.