Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said the last time, it means that - when measuring with sine or multitone - usually the results only cover the steady state response of the device, but not the transient part of the response.

We already had a very surreal (but funny) discussion about the usual meaning of the term "steady state" back in 2019 and there is no need to repeat it.

Technical nonsense, not even worth debunking again.

You seem to find lots of your interactions here "funny". I don't; in fact any interaction with you looks like fighting jello, not funny and it gets dirty.

Manufacturers seem to describe the bit-depth of a data converter by its internal processing word size, not its analog DNR.
That "coincidentally" happened when digital processing was put on the same chip with the data converter, and they still called it a data converter, not a combo data converter-DSP.

Thus they can imply "our 32bit data converter is better than your 24bit data converter."

As said the last time, it means that - when measuring with sine or multitone - usually the results only cover the steady state response of the device, but not the transient part of the response.

Physically, interaction implies impact and a total change. No invariance, no caeteris paribus, no equilibrium. Response, impact and effect are not mathematically expressible. Nothing is predicted.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi N101N,
You're making a bunch of assumptions in that statement and relying on them as fact for the next part of your statement.

In matter, particles don't actually touch each other. Their fields do. There may or may not be something called an impact.

With electronic testing, most of the electron charge responds in a very predictable way. It really isn't a chance interaction. There is always some leakage of course, but the percentage is normally very, very small. Small enough as to not affect the predicted outcome.

I find your posts confusing, and that also points to your state of mind. Can you try to use more simple, proved building blocks to base your arguments on? You might get somewhere if you do that.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The explanation of how forces work, fields, are basic physics education. Grab a physics book and have at it. That's how I learned, and in instructor lead classes and labs.

As far as non-confusing is concerned, depending on your base knowledge that you have, you may need to start at a more elementary level. Either that or you are just playing and causing trouble.

^^^

DIYAudio, the land of the free and the home of the trolls.

P.S. Because all questions deserve an answer, if memory serves, the force carrier particles that mediate the strong, electromagnetic, and weak interactions are called gauge bosons. They are different for each type of interaction, the gauge boson for the weak (gravitational) interaction was just discovered experimentally, and is called the Higgs boson.

P.P.S. Sorry, I just fed it :D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.