Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure, I saw many good reviews too, perhaps they need some more recent users to post some reviews, because those 2 sitting at the top of the page one after the other looks very bad and they were the first reviews I saw. of course they should leave them there, it makes everything look more honest, but new material is needed to offset them.

Weren't those phased out after complaints about their being below the age of consent?

In Holland it would be OK .

I think this is the origin of Bose ? My PA chum says . No highs , no lows , That's ....

I have been thinking for years to make a baffle design . Magnaplanars give one hope that the size needs to be 48 x 122 cm ( 19 x 48 inches ) . Wonderful bass . Anyone who says not never had them . Organ music especially .

It was based on the premise that quantity would improve low quality drivers. !6 cheap 5inch drivers on a semi open baffle. I built one. It was pretty bad IMHO. Regards

I guess it had to be .

Modern TV's have not too bad speakers . Against Fostex one has to say not bad price considered . Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it might work ? The button jammed , I will stick with Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe .

Bose was a one-off right from the start. Dr Amar Bose is obviously a very good physicist, but is a still better businessman.

Perosnally, I dislike his series 3, 5 and 9 speakers, as they are all in the midband for me. I cannot live without at least some quality bass and highs.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Bose was a one-off right from the start. Dr Amar Bose is obviously a very good physicist, but is a still better businessman.

Perosnally, I dislike his series 3, 5 and 9 speakers, as they are all in the midband for me. I cannot live without at least some quality bass and highs.
Masters of marketing and litigation. About the founder's physics, I don't know, but it's a good name to have. He is of course not the far more famous Bose, of Bose-Einstein condensates.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Whom did they sue? Are you kidding? Whom didn't they sue, or threaten to sue? They even would go after people who posted negative comments about the products, although this generated enough bad publicity that the practice seems to have subsided.

I'm not saying the man is incompetent, just that his prowess in electronics (the dissertation was on nonlinear systems) and physics is drastically overshadowed by his marketing flair and ruthless business methods.

It's not clear from this wiki Amar Bose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that he ever actually got tenure. But he did stay on after founding the company. And he has given MIT a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.