Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
anatech,
impact: the interaction between the signal and the medium (or between any physical entities) will result in alteration both of the signal and the medium ...
Prost!

Sorry. There is a counter example called superconductivity, another one called recoilless scattering (i.e. zero phonon processes), etc.

... (mathematically inexpressible).
Not quite true again. At quantum level they are.
This is what we know. And admittedly, we do not know the rest.

TNT,
I meant to say that you should not take seriously this statement:
"The Higgs boson has the extraordinary ability to exert a force on itself. Incredible but true."
I am sorry for the confusion.
N101N

if I may, there is an easier way: you could ask the OPS to allow you to correct the old posting (or delete it). Replace word "force" for "coupling". If my understanding is correct, it means their action, leading to creation of a "G-force", is combined and modified. Do you agree?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
By the way, superconductivity yields horrible signal distortion. To increase efficiency is to close in on the superconducting state.
... and how would you know this? Proof?

Another guess stated as a fact. This is, of course, completely untrue. Most of what you have been posting is pure nonsense N101N.

Let's try something new. How about we attempt to stay on the subject this thread is about? While we are at it, let's also do our best to post factual stuff, not garbage you can turn up under rocks on the internet.

By the way, superconductivity yields horrible signal distortion. To increase efficiency is to close in on the superconducting state.
this is probably the last one for today:
Sorry. No. I cannot say for a fact. I have experienced probeheads reading just fine at capturing s-ms-us-ns-ps time frames of signals. Same for generating GHz-THz signals, pretty pure, conform and stable signals. Some setups create masers, hence quite stable, no distortions, if done well.

Actually overall the superconducting versions are hard to beat champions on this.
Maybe you had different experience, problems and mechanisms at your Probe.
Vortexes can be avoided, and there is technology and know-how for this.
But again, I am not a superconducting scientist. I only tell what I have seen (not done).

Last edited:
You missed my point.

This was:
- what is the sense of making better devices, or even discussing how-to of their making and testing, if the new sources quality available to the consumer has been continually degraded, or even worse - if the naturalism of sources ("proper sounds") has almost left the building? Just for listening the old records?
I did not have another question. Only this one.
If you mean sources as in music albums, there are plenty of well recorded and mastered sources produced recently. Unfortunately, there are many crap albums produced recently as well. You just have to know which is which. So it hasn't left the building. More like wannabes have infiltrated the building.

I find quite curious that this post was shunned worse than the plague.
Not even an answer.

Just to return to the topic.
If you insist:
- for a 2.7mH / 16Ohm driver

- Amp capable of 10A at 20KHz, with 3dB bandwidth of 200KHz and maximum 25° phase.

- distortion less than 0.01%
- all protections possible :)
- software control.
[Edit] - in addition: DF better than 100.

Does TNT has an offer?

... and how would you know this? Proof?

Another guess stated as a fact. This is, of course, completely untrue. Most of what you have been posting is pure nonsense N101N.

Let's try something new. How about we attempt to stay on the subject this thread is about? While we are at it, let's also do our best to post factual stuff, not garbage you can turn up under rocks on the internet.

They’re anti-science, providing proof that isn’t flowery words or simple a priori axioms might just be too much cognitive dissonance, even for the snake oil crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.