Sorry another newbie build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Here is my $0.02 on a quick and easy fix.
Do what Peter sugests regarding improving existing XO by keepinf the same /similar values and using better quality caps and inductors especially on the woofer remembering to keep DCR as low as possible.]
Buy a small sub the same as the one you have or 2 new ones and sell the one you have
Convert to a fully stuffed sealed box, make a simple stand, rigidly connect your existing small sub to the small sealed box using the stand you've just made remembering to keep the tweeter at about 900mm from the floor ( ear height when seated )

Then you wire up the subs using the speaker level inputs and outputs and then keep them wired together ( use some quick ties or just plain PVC tubing to make things a little tidy)

I have plans to do something very similar to use up a spare pair of cheap 12inch subs left over from my home theater.

Duck tape like this
ghettosmall.jpg
*grins*

Btw that was my ghetto take on the podzuma I made for a camping trip i never got round to painting it so it ended up lovingly coated in duck tape

I think I've arrived at a decision regarding what i'm gonna do so cheers all for the input,

I'm gonna build something new using fullrange the details i'm not sure of just yet but i've got a good idea and these speakers and the sub will prob end being a HT setup once i tart em up a bit and maybe if i'm feeling brave enough I'll fiddle with the crossover. Painting em may have to wait untill spring as its a bit cold in me shed to spray atm but once I get there I'll show you folks whatever mess i manage to make

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.