Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Part IV Installing the VFETs and Adjustment

My progress report. Mine as well post this before I try and smoke the VFETs. She weighs in at 42#. Wish me luck!

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpg
    IMG_5768.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 582

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Finally, after a very hectic and busy summer which kept me flying a ton, and the not-insignificant matter of buying a new house, moving, and immiedatly starting a major renovation, I'd like to happily say that I've got the amp built and working for the build guide -

IMG_7304_zpsepguunrv.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsshzl9udc.jpg

FullSizeRender-1_zpsvmx2sm30.jpg

BTW, it sounds fantastic!

:) :) :)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I see you are in the shorted inputs during setup camp.

Yes. It was absolutely necessary with one of the previous amps, I think the F5T, and since then I've always made a point to do so.

I see electric tape, scotch tape and masking tape on your work table. Have you been "taping" the parts together?

Of course I have.

Is there another way to build these??? :confused::confused::confused:

:D:D:D

I got mine up and playing! This is such a cool amp, the mid bass is rock solid, I bet one of the things most noted... we will have to see what others say as mine is still hooked up to the el cheapo speakers. However, it is the best they have ever sounded hands down.

I want to thank this awesome community and NP for helping a hack like me build some really awesome stuff that my kids will fight over. I have only one regret, not getting 2 kits.

Joe

I got mine up and playing! This is such a cool amp, the mid bass is rock solid, I bet one of the things most noted... we will have to see what others say as mine is still hooked up to the el cheapo speakers. However, it is the best they have ever sounded hands down.

I want to thank this awesome community and NP for helping a hack like me build some really awesome stuff that my kids will fight over. I have only one regret, not getting 2 kits.

Joe

Hey, leave some over for us still hoping and praying to get one in the next batch. ;)

6L6 and cantilope (and of course wdecho) you guys inspired me to steal some zzz tonight and bias up one channel. No surprises at all. Monitored for an hour. Will do the other channel tomorrow night and attach test speakers.

DC offset seemed to bounce/oscillate between 40mV and -40mV and that's the best I could do. Hopefully normal. Input shorted. Devices are running about 45C.

BK