Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Under load your PSU will be proper voltage. :)

I did all the wiring for power to one of the pcb board. Checked all the test points voltages as per the FW manual and everything is as per spec except the G-T6 and G-T8 showing +/-32.2v. By the way this is my PSU output voltage which I mentioned earlier but now with the amp load (only one amp board) the voltage has not dropped. Is it a concern?

Vfet installed and biased?

Vfets are not installed I have just started with the initial steps of voltage test points verification with all the parts soldered except the vfets on 1st amp board.

My VFETS are marked as J28-104 and K82-93 so added 1v and was able to set the voltage to 11.4v across G-T16 by adjusting P1 and 10.3v across G-T17 by adjusting P2.

Initially set both the P3/P4 at full counterclockwise position. After this started biasing the front end by looking at the test point of T6-T7 (R5) and T8-T9 (R6) adjusting with clockwise movements on P3 and P4 (in turns of 0.1v) to achieve 1.2v. But I was able to get only 0.940v across R5 and 1.067v across R6. The P3 and P4 trimmers (I am using single turn ones) are at full clockwise and no more turns left to increase the bias to 1.2v. Even after running the amp for more than 30/45mins the bias voltage remains the same.

Any pointers to how could I achieve 1.2v?