Sony STR-K502P won't turn on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The voltage from Pin 3 energized the relay. The easy stuff is over and we're at a point where I don't think you can do anymore. All of the remaining parts to test are very small, hard to replace if we do find something bad, and then many times the parts aren't even available anymore. Take it to a tech but it's probably not worth the money to get it fixed.

You did press the power button when your leads were on pins 1 and 4?

Craig

lol - I really appreciate your patience with me Craig. Obviously it was my first time doing that sort of stuff, but I did find it quite interesting to try. I actually feel better knowing its not an easy fix - I'd have hate to have thrown something out that could have been easy remedied. I'm wondering if you can give me some advice for me. The reason I pulled out the receiver was I've hooked up some very basic speakers in my covered patio. I have a long patio and the speakers themselves just run in a straight line. I was wanted to use it to project music/tv audio out. Nothing special - really I'm actually looking for the same feed out of each speaker. On the input side for the receiver, I was hoping for a couple of options - an optical input and perhaps a couple of rca inputs. I just want something very basic - background music/audio on the patio, and trying to keep the budget to a minimum - I don't mind buying used. Any advice on what I should try and target?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.