• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sony SCD-1 Firmware Upgrade Chip Version 2.53

miklos said:
Hi,
I just checked mine and the # is 230, the player doesn't make any burst noises, but very slow on the TOC reading.
Could that be solved with a version update?
Regards, Miklos

I posted the original Sony technical bulletin above, for your information it says:

With specific SACD discs, a loud noise may be heard right after playing the last track

If you don't have a specific trouble causing SACD, then you won't notice a fault.

fmak said:

Just done it. Difficult to tell if the black cover has clicked back. Arrow on cover is on top to the left. Right??

Fred

I dont remember know. but i dont think it matters. it just wouldnt go on if it was wrong. or it can go either way....

Glad to hear it went well.

Now if i could just get my hands on the SONY Laser alignment jig and test CD's...

Zc

jean-paul said:
Yeah, Sony is the brand to buy if one wants long lasting gear...

It might have been once, but now they sell a lot of gear that has very few spares available, and won't have spares available for very long!.

Like pretty well everyone else they are very cost driven, and losing money at a great rate!. Sony UK are currently 'down sizing', losing loads of staff, moving to smaller premises, and out-sourcing parts of their business.

At one time Sony kept spares for many years, now it's very much the opposite - although all spares for Europe are actually now dispatched from Sony Belgium.

Zero Cool,

Thank you for your reply concerning ver 2.5 chip.

I owned SONY SCD-1. So far, auditing with other SACD sets, I still think SCD-1 is my choice. Unfortunately, my SCD-1 have same trouble like some of other SCD-1 owners reported: Play CD no problem. Have problem to track SACD. It keep on spinning for a long time, at the end reported "NO DISC"

Some reported due to motor and gear system, some reported due to laser system and alignment, some reported due to overheating of electronic components. So far no one appeared have reported that they have managed to fix the trouble.

IS there any way out of this problem?

Sorry to presenting you so much problems.

Kind Regards

BUY IC CHIP

Sony SCD-1 Firmware Upgrade Chip Version 2.53

If you own a Sony SCD-1 or a 777ES SACD Player and it has Firmware Version 2.40 and you experiance a loud burst of noise at the end of some tracks, YOU NEED THIS CHIP! This is the chip Sony released to fix that problem. Will upgrade any Sony SCD-1 or 777ES Cd player. I ordered this chip just before they were back ordered. it arrived after i sold the player. Now is your chance to buy one of these rare unobtanium chips!

$75.00 plus shipping:

$7.00 Fedex Ground Shipping within the US
$20.00 Global Express Shipping to Most countries.

I NEED TO BUY. YOU HAVE ONE or TWO ??

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to be necroposting this as my first post but I have been looking for the FW upgrade for a Sony SCD-777ES. As everyone can guess Sony no longer provides the upgrade chip for the unit. I was wondering if any one has the BIN/HEX file from the chip (or can read one) that I could get? I have access to an EPROM programmer and EPROMs so that is not an issue. Thanks.