Sonido 200 SFR BLH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will not be that fast in building it:) The more options, the better!

I'm waiting for the Frugal XL "Joan" variation for A12P and seriously considering purchasing the SFR-200A to play around with as a drop-in replacement to the MarkAudio A12P/Joan horn. Sonido SFR-200A outer ø is 200mm and the inner ø 170mm compared to A12P 207mm ø outer and 168mm ø inner.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ful...range-8-super-alcino-plus-11.html#post5901786

^
I said email not PM, and that was for MP9) althou Scott has added some Sonindo that should be suitable for Jane FH.

Sonido SFR-175A, SFR-175, SFR-200, SFR-200a should work well, SWR-200, SWR-200a should be acceptable.

-

dave

I'm waiting for the Frugal XL "Joan" variation for A12P and seriously considering purchasing the SFR-200A to play around with as a drop-in replacement to the MarkAudio A12P/Joan horn...^

In the interests of clarity, I have never said that drive unit is a 'drop-in replacement' for the Alpair 12P per se. What has been said however is that it can be used with reasonable results in the aforementioned enclosure. That is not meant to be a synonym for 'drop-in replacement'; it will have a similar, but not identical, alignment.

Last edited:
In the interests of clarity, I have never said that drive unit is a 'drop-in replacement' for the Alpair 12P per se. What has been said however is that it can be used with reasonable results in the aforementioned enclosure. That is not meant to be a synonym for 'drop-in replacement'; it will have a similar, but not identical, alignment.
I used the term "drop-in replacement" in that it was said to work in "Joan" horn and because the driver cutout would be very close to that of the A12p. Simple retrofit without the need for switching between multiple supra-baffle's cut to each specific driver.
For me that in itself makes the Joan horn more desirable to build for my MarkAudio A12p than a Pencil/12p. Down the road some after enjoying the A12p/Joan horn, I'd then have a painless way to play around with the Sonodo SWR-200a without investing the time and resources on a specific box build. If I were to find the Sonodo 200a superior sounding to 12p I'd then have the option of doing a specific build or sticking with Joan. On paper, I like the higher sensitivity of the 200a for use with my single-digit SET amps.
Tonal balance in a broad sense is OK, it just a little over-damped < 100Hz relative to the 12P given the similar Q, Fs, but higher Vas. Not badly so, it'll just benefit a bit more from boundary loading.
...so either corner placement to utilize the corer walls as a last fold of the horn, or Ron Clark'esque triangle deflectors against a rear wall and directly behind the rear mouth of the Joan horn?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I envision the ML tapped pipe by GM made in stacked laminations. The prototype would be styrofoam, final version plywood and thick acrylic sides:) It seems that the ML TL would work better than a BLH - I could not come up with reasonably sized BLH in Hornresp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.