Some input on direction if you may. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, adding another driver is going to add more driver. i don't remember if the 1000 is load sensing, but you could probably get better sq running it either with the drivers in series, or, if that only gives you 500 total through them, then set the 900/5 to the proper voltage via jl tutorial, supplied with the amp (or available online) and set the 1000/1 to run @ the same power level. on a side note: what do you have for power supply? if it's stock, what year, and/or size alternator installed? what wire feeding both to the amps and from the alt/eng/batt? without an upgrade in power, you cannot sustain high volume with those 2 amps in any year tahoe, but should be able to swing the 900/5 and 500 of the 1000/1.

I upgraded the alternator to the optional for my 99 tahoe 140 amp, though some say it is more like 160 amp. Along with the AGM battery, and a 2 gauge alernator to battery, and battery to ground, I have a 0 gauge main run. It is for sure using every bit of availible power and more, and an alternator upgrade is in the cards. I almost pulled the trigger on a 300 amp Tenney, but will do so now for sure.
I will probably just try setting the output level on both amps the same via the dc ohmeter method mentioned, and see if it meets my goals. I like that idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.