SOme great parts ready for a new project....ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
thanks but there is no discernible difference on the pins (except a square pattern which should indicate the negative side).

Here are low quality (I am sorry) pics of the boards.

I have recently finetuned a method of achieving 2mils precision on routes and similar clearance. I print all my boards at home with a home made bromograph.

Th boards will be trimmed and fitted as shown in the casing in the pic.

The casing will be treated and spraypainted mat black. The power components casing will be in plexi painted to match. The plexi wil be of adequate thickness to ensure rigidity.

Immag050.jpg

Immag051.jpg

Quite a campaign in support of Quasi's design. :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
just another question....

I understand I have enough capacitance but while I wait for the plexi to be delivered I was thinking of making another small board with some spares I have around.

I have different poliester caps (0.1uf and such), film mkt 1.5uf and several small electrolytic.

Since I have to wait does it make any sense to build a final filtering board with say 4 of each of these caps? I can easily make three boards with these capacitors. Would it degarde the sound quality? or enhance it?

Alex

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Just wanted to close this thread with my results....Out of all the parts I have collected I have basically built 2 amplifiers. One is completed...

2011-09-21121244.jpg

2011-09-21150554.jpg

2x L20 chinese amplifiers (run of the mill ss amplifier)
2x500w toroidals
softsart
speaker protection circuit
NE5532 cheap preamplifier
15/9v separate toroidal transformer (not in picture)
150,000uf per channel worth of capacitors.

Voltage fed into the amp +/-45v loaded.

I am now building a 6 channel version with input selector, LCD preamp, 5.1 controls, remote and all the usual modules (DC protect, softstart...ecc )

Anyways my 2 cents of wisdom: if the project is too ambitous just split the BOM and build smaller amps. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.