• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Some enclosures and chasises we made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is not designed for audio. It's for some sort of communication equipment. But I think no audio DIYer can effort not to being attracted by it, especially for those tube gear players. It's big enough, rigid, super good looking and effortable to everyone.

Outside Size: 430 X 70 X 308
Inside Size:415 X 59 X291
Finish: fine brush, hard anodized
Thickness: F, B, T, B: 8mm, 4mm, 3mm, 3mm
Material: Aluminum
Weight: 4kg

This chassis could be very nice for a tube preamp if it had some ventilation!;)
It is the same problem as with most high-end preamp DIY chassis I have seen; they lack ventilation for tube preamp use.:(

I am back in England now, missing my girlfriend but enjoying the clean air! I dont live in London, I live in Durham City which is in the north of England, its nice and green here :)

The Enclosures I bought weighed 9kg, my suit case was about 27kg so I had to pack some of my cloths in my back pack and carried it as hand luggage. I got to the airport and my case was exactly 23kg which was my limit so I was quite lucky. :D

I wont be using my enclosures for a while yet as we are moving house in a few weeks so its safer for them to stay wraped up whilst we move.

Great! Well, thanks for the cases! They arrive wtihout any issues. USA customs did open the package though. Looks like they opened it and then closed it as everything was still wrapped perfectly in the newspaper and bubble wrap.

Thanks again!

You are lucky!
My friend in Ukraine ordered recently a nice case in Russia. Looks like customs did not have appropriate screwdriver, so they damaged the case. So, my advice is: if screws are special put appropriate screwdriver there!

Finally it arrive, really good news for me. I can take a breath now:eek:
Best of all it's still in it's original condition, nothing broken. Hope we can see your project with these enclosures soon

Great! Well, thanks for the cases! They arrive wtihout any issues. USA customs did open the package though. Looks like they opened it and then closed it as everything was still wrapped perfectly in the newspaper and bubble wrap.

Thanks again!

You are lucky!
My friend in Ukraine ordered recently a nice case in Russia. Looks like customs did not have appropriate screwdriver, so they damaged the case. So, my advice is: if screws are special put appropriate screwdriver there!

Well lucky for us, the cases Siliconray sent are unassembled, so no need to examine the contents with a faulty screwdriver.

Anand.

RE229
Dimension: 311mm x 226mm x 90mm
Material: aluminum, 6mm for frontpanel, 2mm for top, bottom and back plane, 4mm for side
Finish: brush+hard anodized
weight: 1.6kg
internal heatsink, aluminum knob

This case comes complete with heatsink and all?

It would be fine for my MyRefC dual amp, which is now resting on a slightly smaller box even.

The heatsink would isolate well from toroidal transformer's RF.

What is the price and how much is air delivery to Brazil?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.