Soft Start and Standby Functions for your Aleph Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now I see why it seems so reficlously complicated!! This is perfect to use with the KSA-50 clone, even down to controling two 12 volt fans.... this is EXACTLY what I need. Could you also send me the gerbers so I could do a small board run of these? I would like to be able to include this board and schematic as an option with the Pinkmouse Krell Clone and Brian GT power Supply boards that we are presently shipping. Please place your name on the board so you get appropriate credit as well as a copyright. I have also added a link from the KRell thread back to this thread.

Thanks,
Mark

Can you send me a high resolution of the new pcb too, please?

dr_strangelove_72@hotmail.com
Thanks.

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
so I could do a small board run of these? I would like to be able to include this board and schematic as an option with the Pinkmouse Krell Clone and Brian GT power Supply boards that we are presently shipping.

Hi Mark, are you planning a small board run? And are these available for others?
I would be very interested! :D

I was gone for work. Here an answer to most of your questions:

-The part between is a thermal fuse. I case of circuit malfunction, the power resistors can burn! The thermal fuse will open instead and open the AC power, shutting down everything.

-The power relays are used for the soft start and to turn on the amp using a small switch (if you like) instead of using a big AC switch as main switch, so the power on realy replace the big switch.

-No, for now I'm not planing a small PCB board run, but if someone is doing it, I would like to have one :cool:

If you like the hires files, send me a private email. I sent a lot in the last weeks ;)

Thanks for your interest.

Bye...

Last remark. The transfo that I used was choosen because I had some in stock from previous projects. It is working prefectly with the actual circuitry but depending on the fans chosen, it can be marginal and there is possiblilty that it cannot supply the fans.

You have these options:

-Use a bigger VA transfo and adapt the PCB layout.
-Supply the fans from the amp supply. Install R40 externally and feed the fans from there.
-Use low current 12V fans

Bye...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.