SOAP EVOLUTION - Simple OpAmp Pre

This aint no revolution, however it is the SOAP Evolution .. :)

After some time of silence i now have tuned the SOAP preamp to a more complete version.

There was some request to have it even more simpel then the MKIII but i decided that it already was very simple (and cheap).

This version contains a full onboard PSU. Onboard trafo, Dual discrete rectifier, room for more smooting caps.
The in/out caps has switched placed for placement reason. (Out caps are generelly bigger)

Grounding has been optimized even further. :cool:

This version will make installation a piece of cake with less cabling. :)

Testing will follow shortly.

A first glance on how it looks.. :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

/JZ

Hi AndrewT

Thanx for the tip and heads up..

Proberly not without going 2layer..
Even if it looks like a 2 layer design i only made the groundtrace red to be able to "see" it easier. It is made with one copper layer so that anyone can make there own. Keep it simple ;)

However, Even without AndrewT,s nanooptimized grounding.. It has a pitchblack deadsilent background.. No groundnoise, hum or whatever.. :cool:

If anyone want to give it a try, PM me for a PDF of the layers..

I maaaaybe maybe will have a bunch of these promade.. maybe.

/JZ

I would route the ground for the 100k R12, R13 separately and not share it with the decoupling ground for the op-amp. You should be able to weave it through on the bottom (blue) layer. Same for R1, R6.

If you stay with the board as-is, I suggest dropping the top (red) traces to the bottom (blue) layer and having the board made with only one layer. I don't see any reason to go through the expense of a 2-layer board unless you have to. I think even with my mods above, you might be able to make it with one layer.

~Tom

Hi Tom.

Thanx for the ground routing tip. i,ll see if i think it is worth it :)

And excuse my english, Maybe i explain to poor but in the Answer to AndrewT,s post i stated that this is in fact a one layer design.
I have only the groundlayer i "red" (top layer)so that it is easier to see :)

If/when sent to a PCB factory i,ll change so that all is on the same layer. ;)

/JZ