So using a BNC-to-RCA adapter is a bad idea?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are probably right, Graham.......

Despite the fact that XLRs do meaure 110 ohms, they have lots of reflections. You an have a similar effect with most any cable/connector combo, but XLR is by far the worse.

(It comes from separating the shield and centre conductor................think about it.............)

This give me an idea for a discussion topic over at that other place. Right, Elso?

Jocko

Re: You are probably right, Graham.......

Jocko Homo said:
Despite the fact that XLRs do meaure 110 ohms, they have lots of reflections. You an have a similar effect with most any cable/connector combo, but XLR is by far the worse.

(It comes from separating the shield and centre conductor................think about it.............)

This give me an idea for a discussion topic over at that other place. Right, Elso?

Jocko

Fine by me.;)

probably should of said 'triaxial' BNC - or some other triaxial connector - a quick google revealed Lemos and others - some for various video applications - not cheap though.
Many years ago I saw triaxial BNC for resonable $, but Amphenols spec saying 'Impedance: Non-constant (can be used with 50? , 75? and 93 ? triaxial cables' worries me a bit
http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/triax.asp#features

anybody tried anything like this - or should we hardwire!!

B Cullingford said:
probably should of said 'triaxial' BNC - or some other triaxial connector - a quick google revealed Lemos and others - some for various video applications - not cheap though.
Many years ago I saw triaxial BNC for resonable $, but Amphenols spec saying 'Impedance: Non-constant (can be used with 50? , 75? and 93 ? triaxial cables' worries me a bit
http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/triax.asp#features

anybody tried anything like this - or should we hardwire!!
Hewlett Packard used triaxials on some DVM's -- I believe that they were also on some older Keithley equipment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.