SMPS problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Original:

(Now I am getting messed up here too. Its the SG3524 and SG3525)

As with a lot of things, there are many different choices
available. A good suggestion is to visit the manufactures web site and download as much info as possible. Many datasheets contain a wealth of info as well as a list of typical applications.

A scope is a definite when dealing with circuitry such as this.

I've to rebuild...

I've to rebuild the sg3524 part..
Now following this schematic as shown on datasheet of 3524...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

now i'll rewind the transfromer...
I hope now all will run perfectly...

I was forgetting...
f =1.18/(RT*CT)
where:
RT is in Kohm
CT is in uF
f is in KHz

so if i've done the right calc the 3524 should run around 53Khz right?
Is it a good freq?

Re: I've to rebuild...

Symx said:
Original:

(Now I am getting messed up here too. Its the SG3524 and SG3525)

As with a lot of things, there are many different choices
available. A good suggestion is to visit the manufactures web site and download as much info as possible. Many datasheets contain a wealth of info as well as a list of typical applications.

That is a good idea. After doing research I decided to forget so many types of controllers and came up with one universal way of controlling the pulse width to the mosfets which doesn't involve much fuss, and how it works is simple.

"A scope is a definite when dealing with circuitry such as this."

The scope makes the process possible.

MaXiZ said:
I hope now all will run perfectly...

Here is hoping...

I was forgetting...
f =1.18/(RT*CT)
where:
RT is in Kohm
CT is in uF
f is in KHz

so if i've done the right calc the 3524 should run around 53Khz right?
Is it a good freq?

The calculation seems correct to me. You're moving along steadily to get it working.

sure

Here is hoping...
It's nice to see all this help! :) Rellay thanks i've never thought to have all this!
You're moving along steadily to get it working.
I need it for my DIY car audio system..
I'm working on SMPS from about 1 year. I can't stop now! :)
Then where sould i've post my trouble with audio amplifier exactly on the forum? Becouse surely i'll have some problem! :cool:

Re: sure

MaXiZ said:
I need it for my DIY car audio system..
I'm working on SMPS from about 1 year. I can't stop now! :)
Then where sould i've post my trouble with audio amplifier exactly on the forum? Becouse surely i'll have some problem! :cool:
It helps to be appreciated.:nod:
My first idea would be that amp questions would go under Solid State. But Car Audio may be appropriate instead. But let's concentrate now on getting the power supply going. You will always have the option of using chip amps later if you like.

I've winded the transformer and now all seems to run correctly except for this..
If i connect the bridge correctly i've no output instead if i connect only half bridge (negative side) all run correctly...
I'm confused...
Why?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hope this diagram helps.

Attachments

• noconnlb.gif
    noconnlb.gif
    6 KB · Views: 537
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.