SMPS for Class D amps means not possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
....because they have people testing the far eastern designs to check they meet the spec, and also some overseeing the schematics.

....as well as smps project engineers.....i suppose, people who relay the spec to the far east and try and see if what the far eastern engineers are doing is going to be good.

........they took me into a massive room absolutely full of servers, with the fans on all the PSU's all whirring away....soak testing..........again....each and every one designed and built in the far east.

I gaurantee you the design and manuf is done all in the far east...check for yourself if you dont believe.

Building power supplies in the far east makes a ton of sense, because the supply chain's there. Why bother incurring the expense of shipping bare PCBs, active/passive components and whatnot from their origins in the far east.. when you can just assemble everything over there and only have to ship finished units?

And who made the rule that far east SMPS designers can't be good at their craft?

Don't know much about Europe, but there's plenty of North American SMPS designers/manufacturers - I've worked with a few of them over the years. And these companies are doing fine, though they make their money in specialization (custom, lower volumes, etc) rather than attempting to compete with Delta/Mean Well/etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.