SME 3012 Clone Tone Arm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Video post

That's a lovely turntable you've built there Jervil.

Thank you Simon.

A few weeks on and I can report no issues on its use really. Apart from the Concorde cart, I've tried different MMs just to hear as I haven't gotten around to getting an MC. I've tried 2m Red, Stanton 500-II, AT95e and an At110e. Only the AT carts sounded worthwhile with the arm. The AT110e gave the best performance out of the budget carts. I'll be trying later on a dl103.

I was going to write my impressions as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago but I feel too embarrassed as I don't have the vast experience of others. There's also been queries on the TT. So I thought I'd just post a couple of clips on YouTube of the lot in action. The quality of the video is not great but... neither are my commentaries;):D The set up is a mock up in the living room for testing. Anybody interested can look up Lenco GL75 PTP5. The vids are part of the reference I keep to go back to to make comparisons when tweaking. One vid is running the Arkiv the other with the AT110e.

Thanks.

Great Build!! Love it!!

I am currently interested in converting my SME3009S2 to a 3012 but I'm thinking of making my own wand/arm. The kit is out of my price range so I'm gonna attempt to make it myself. Is there any information out there on the wand/arm/tube? Length? Material, aluminum/stainless? Thickness of the tube? I'm pretty sure, from research, that the bend angle is 15deg but that is all I got.
I can get the wand/tube material from a supply house, have a drill press for the holes, and I've upgraded my current SME3009S2 Improved with Cardas wires so I got that covered.

I really need the info. Any help would be appriciated!!

Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.