Smallest & strongest woofer on the world!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an interesting thread from the standpoint of education in the fields of engineering, mathematics and science. pecamuzicar, I have to say you are a do-er and a dreamer, but you honestly don't seem to have the necessary background in these fields to see that what you intend to do will not succeed, even when several posts earlier in this thread have made this inevitability pretty clear.
I urge you to read some fundamental papers on loudspeakers. Specifically, these by Richard H. Small will be of use to you:
  • Closed-Box-Loudspeaker-Systems-Part-I-Analysis
  • Closed-Box-Loudspeaker-Systems-Part-II-Synthesis
  • Vented-Box-Loudspeaker-Systems-Part-I-Small Signal Analysis
  • Vented-Box-Loudspeaker-Systems-Part-I-Large Signal Analysis
  • Vented-Box-Loudspeaker-Systems-Part-I-Synthesis
  • Vented-Box-Loudspeaker-Systems-Part-IV-Appendices

In them you will find things like relationships between mass, damping, and compliance, how to calculate the efficiency (related to sensitivity, e.g. the SPL you get for 1W of input power), which factors influence the resonance frequency, Q, etc. Once you know these relationships you can see that even without ANY consideration for materials it is essentially impossible for a small (e.g. 5" diameter) driver to serve as a "subwoofer" that could reach 20Hz or 30Hz AND do that that with any real SPL output. That's even the case if it has quite a large excursion capability. The amount of volume displacement is just too low for a driver of that size to function as a true subwoofer.

Even if you find something that is possible by the laws of physics, your ability to realize (create) it will be limited by the available materials and physical forms of the parts used for construction. For instance, even if you use neo magnets you still a finite field strength, etc. You need to use conductive materials that can withstand high temperatures (e.g. voice coil wire) and there really are only a few practical ones. Flexible materials for the surround and spider can only operate over a finite range of excursion. All of these materials have their limits. Even with many advances in materials, drivers have not evolved in a revolutionary way over the past 30 years, but more incrementally and asymptotically. There are always new ways to do something but there are also real physical limitations to what is possible!

I urge you to study some of the subject matter and then try to convince yourself what the limitations might be before you invent time and money chasing dreams. I am afraid that reality, and physics, will catch up with you very shortly or you will run out of money trying to create the impossible.

"Here`s is a very strong driver, with a lot off motor strenght.
A very very good driver for hornloading or a compact system.'

A 2 cu ft 2nd order sealed box with an F3 of 30hz can only be 0.18% efficient (84.55dB).
A 2 cu ft 4th order vented box with an F3 of 30hz can only be 0.36% efficient (87.56dB).
A 2 cu ft 6th order vented box with an F3 of 30hz can only be 0.90% efficient (91.54dB).

Perfect T/S for a 32hz 6th order vented system.

Use a pair with a passive radiator.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.