Small multi-UcD for active speaker setup, what to do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
classd4sure said:
Since you're kicking around options (maybe not so much anymore) and space is an issue, had you considered a capacitance multiplier for the mids or highs?

Hmm, I build one of them lately, never tested it tough (on any amp). Don't know what to think of it yet ;) But I might also step down from the full mono supply stuff. It takes up a lot of room effectively, since you need lots of ralays for the DC protection, and lots of rectifiers.

But I'd love to have more specs of the slitfoils though!

Well, I just heard a UcD180 and 400 (both AD, dual mono versions) last week, and I was really astonished! Wat a wondefull sound! The best thing was the soundstage. Both my Parasound and a T-amp (they were also present), could not reach the same level of soundstage as the UcD's. My Parasound was the worst of all :bigeyes:

Well, I be absolutely sure, I'll just build a stereo version at first. To make it a bit more difficult, l'll try to build it into a 1HE unit ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.