Small Heil Tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mundorf AMT2340 on Marten Design Monk

Could I take some information about Mundorf AMT2340 ?
any listening experience? ıt's vertical directivity?

I couldn't also found any frequency chart

Actually, our aim to give More air and more detail on my Marten Design bookshelfs(composed of tc 025 -001 seas tweeter+ Accuton 7'' with 12 db crossover @3000)

I don't want any change in crossovers so the parameters must be close the seas tweeters

More air and more detail needs ribbons(maybe raal, but its parameters needs another crossover) or amt

seas good tweeter but use ferrofluid

The experience that I have with AMT2340 is dipole application. Used this way it can be crossed at 2000Hz no problem (with a dedicated and carefully designed crossover). The sound is incredibly realistic, my guess is that it will stay in my dipole system forever. Without the right crossover it can sound at little bit harsh, once you have 'lock-in' it can't be beaten.

But for you, when you do not want to make an entirely new crossover, you will never be able to just replace your seas dome tweeter with a ribbon or the like. Your only chance is finding a dome tweeter with similar parameters.

A great candidate would be one of the Hiquphon tweeters, they are more airy (3/4" dome) than a standard dome tweeter. But you will have to modify the crossover a little bit, the impedance is higher and the sensitivity is lower.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005

Attachments

• lcy-100k-small.jpg
    lcy-100k-small.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 295
Wouldn't that technically be a bipole? AFAIK, AMTs are natural bipoles in that they produce sound on both sides of the diaphram but in phase with eachoter.

Yes but 'dipole' as opposed to 'bipole'. I believe the term bipole infers simultaneous radiation and like you said; in phase. The AMT is an out of phase dipole provided the rear wave is free to disperse.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.