SlewMaster Builds

MJ15024/25 are also too slow for modern EF3 designs. If I recall correctly Ostripper recommended the output devices have an ft of at least 15MHz, those are only 4MHz.

The ultimate double die devices for these amps were the big MT-200 Sankens like 2SA1295/C3264 but they were discontinued a few years ago. On Semi has a nice double die version MJL4302/4281. They handle lots of power too, but aren't as tough as the Sankens. If you don't need the psychotic power level just about any modern output device will work. These can also be converted to Hexfet output with IRFP240/9240.

So what can you tell me about all these different boards or parts that have all the crazy names. Wolverine?? I understand the Psychotic statement but maggies are famous for this. Big power! 300 minimum is needed. Am I seeing this correctly that the frontend is not differential long tail pair? I have huge heatsinks and power transformer. I could line up 50 TO3p output packages if needed on one channel heatsink.

From what I understand any of the large panel type speakers like a lot of power. 5 pairs of the big On Semi devices would be more than adequate.

The Wolverine input board is pretty close to the same as the Honeybadger input, it's just flipped upside down in the way it's connected to the power rails.

Out of all of the input boards I think the general consensus was the Spooky input ( a refined Leach amp) was the king in the bass region. The Kypton-ND ( refined NAD amp) was the best at higher frequency detail. The differences were very subtle between then though. These both had DC servos so once they were initially set up and running they were maintenance free designs.

hey guys finally I put the Greenamp together with correct LED also I begin the build of the Arc Welder today first board :)

Are the smd red leds suitable for green ips?

Attachments

• IMG_20210826_194502.jpg
    IMG_20210826_194502.jpg
    807 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Yes those I purchase on Tayda Electronics the anode and cathode were reversed I learn a hard lesson always check polarity on unknown brand LED I was so angry after I found out :p

here is a video sorry Spanish, a bit of English

Greenamp ya funciona - YouTube

Attachments

• LED reversed polarity 2.JPG
    LED reversed polarity 2.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 176
  • LED reversed polarity.JPG
    LED reversed polarity.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
…………
….On Semi has a nice double die version MJL4302/4281. They handle lots of power too, but aren't as tough as the Sankens. …….

I am aware of double die mosfet such as Exicon Lateral mosfet where it is stated and datasheet is showing twice the current rating and transconductance of the single die mosfet part but I was not aware of bjt that had double die…do you have some references about that since I cannot find this information in the datasheet. What is the original single die bjt transistor?

Thank
Fab

I cannot believe that, :D I have the proof . I'm thinking seriously of building the Quad Q17 from tvicol, I have only heard of current dumping tech and I would like to try it. People says it has a nice harmonic profile and I am sitting idle, time to try it !:D Just waiting for the build of Alexmm, I prefer his board layout as it is a 3 pair output stage.

Last edited: