Skin Effect in Wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing seems to turn up, only in Russian I assume?
Yes, sir.
Kotelnikov sampling theorem, in english:
View attachment Kotelnik.pdf
Ageyev theorem, in russian:
Ageyev-001.jpg
Ageyev-002.jpg

I think he means Shannon–Hartley theorem. Or no? Ageev worked on it ten years earlier, but Soviet Union was closed behind the wall.
Upd. Ageev worked on something like Kotelnikov theorem too.

Right, I don't see the point being made since I don't see fundamentally different results. To quote the .pdf above...

Disputes about priority in science and technology are rarely productive. Different societies quite
naturally associate seminal work with pioneers from their own history, particularly when such work
is carried out independently within a few years in various geographical locations.

1). Permeability is stable within wide range of frequencies. So the measurement of permeability at 200 MHz apply at 432 Hz too.
2). Forget about "frequencies". Complicated musical signal with number of modulated harmonics is equal to high-frequency high voltage signal with high gradient. There is a mathematical proof. It is called "Ageyev's theorem".
See details at
Digitalized music causing stress??
Another dump... irrelevant to skin effect.
It turns out, this "Ageyev's theorem" is nothing but Shannon theorem.
We are well aware of sampling in audio, so what about skin effect ?

So the dynamic focus is exactly what what was discussed, soleniodal.

Which doesn't explain how the chrome tape confines "skin effect", as was stated prior.
Skin effect is within the conductor, it doesn't leave the conductor, but is a consequence of the conductivity of the metal. Put a non conductive tape around the wire, and the wire's external magnetic field does not generate eddy currents which are responsible for skin effect.

So far, your explanation is inconsistent with what everybody has learned in e/m.

Any testing methods, results, might help.

Over here, when we cannot provide any actual test results, we say things like "the dog ate my results."
Since you patented it, you surely must have dome some kind of test, no? Or does the patent office allow patents without any verification?

Jn

So far, your explanation is inconsistent with what everybody has learned in e/m.
Jn
Sir, have You ever heard about electromagnetic induction?
375px-Induction_experiment.png
Electromagnetic induction - Wikipedia
"Michael Faraday is generally credited with the discovery of induction in 1831, and James Clerk Maxwell mathematically described it as Faraday's law of induction. Lenz's law describes the direction of the induced field. Faraday's law was later generalized to become the Maxwell–Faraday equation, one of the four Maxwell equations in his theory of electromagnetism. "

For example - how ferrite beads work, as asked about using them here earlier?

Or does the patent office allow patents without any verification?

Jn

Yes, for a long time, my favorite.

US6362718B1

With self-switching, a need for an external power source during operation of the generator is eliminated, with a separate power source, such as a battery, being used only for a very short time during start-up of the generator.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
3 days passed and still nobody here tries the "new" method.
(...deeply thinking...)
I think
it takes a great deal of courage - to wrap a VHS tape around a tinned copper wire.
You lazy fat cats audiophiles.
(just kidding with a friendly smile).:wave:
No, but it does take some courage to test your listening skills to final adjust bias in a ss amp while listening;)

Sir, have You ever heard about electromagnetic induction?

Hmmm, magnetic induction....:confused:

I believe I have. I recall something about it from school.

Really?

Jn

Ps.. My moniker is a 3 D representation of the circumferential magnetic flux density generated by a dual coaxial cable where the core wire is a cylindrical shell, not a solid wire. The solid wire represents 15 nH per foot internal inductance at DC, it drops as frequency rises. If it were a superconductor (my day job), it skins at DC and fills outward in as current increases. At critical current, the conductor quenches.

Last edited:
Alex Ra said:
2). Forget about "frequencies". Complicated musical signal with number of modulated harmonics is equal to high-frequency high voltage signal with high gradient. There is a mathematical proof. It is called "Ageyev's theorem".
Remember frequencies. Complicated musical signal with number of modulated harmonics is equal to a set of sine waves. There is a mathematical proof. It is called Fourier theory. See any good textbook.

What has sampling theory got to do with skin effect?

What has sampling theory got to do with skin effect?

I'm not sure the sampling theorem per se is the issue but the absolute BW limit at fs/2 is. The argument that tremolo (FM) has sidebands that follow Bessel functions i.e. extend to infinity is nice, but the modulation index is so low for any human vocal effect that the amplitude is microscopic or nonexistent by 20K.

Status
Not open for further replies.