SissySIT

Joined 2014
Paid Member
OK, so if I follow the recommendations, I should just build the SissySIT with the boards I have now. No sound advantage to waiting for R3. I have the THS-51S that I bought for the SissySIT.

I also have 6 of the K182ES and 2 of the K180 SIT as well as 2 pairs of K60/J18, so I'll be seeking recommendations for where to use these. I should probably set aside a pair for the impending VFET after the hubbub of the lottery dies down. I currently have an M2X and Sony VFET (old store boards but not the anniversary model and using K60/J18 instead of the correct VFETs). Should I build the M25 also? (I would need more boards but I assume that's easy).

Soon I'll also need a bigger house or storage unit...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
first thing is having them (Tokins) sorted by Ugs (if not having curve tracer)

best would be to have them tested in both ways, so you can sort them (for) , and match (between) them

that should ease which ones to use for anything you decide

with that (decision), Mighty Moi is not helpful ........ mine is to make them, not to choose them :clown:

translated (Babelfished?) - mine is to elevate level of confusion and indecision

:rofl:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Oh yes, both wonderful!

If your speakers have a wild impedance swing this will change the gain of the singing bush tailoring the response to the speakers. For better or worse. You can add a zobel or just a resistor to flatten the response.

The SissySIT is amazing! It’s a fabulous DEF push pull output stage. DC coupled on the output. I happen to like driving it with a separate driver stage, there will be many front ends coming to dive the new DIY Vfet amp, so lots to play with.

Thanks ZM :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
it would be SissySIT P

I believe present iteration with autoformer gain stage and future iteration with active FE ( with NFB and all bells and whistles, including Bal input) is ticking all the boxes

at least I'm not interested in making it even more versatile ( how many times I wrote that I'm not interested ...... :rofl: )

Zen looking at Nelson's new Sony sit amp it looks like he is using a 220pf and 10K resistor across the secondary of the input transformer but you are using 680pf. Why did you need the larger value ? And instead of using multiple pairs of jfets I wonder if a high current buffer could be made from just a pair of Ld1014d each with something like 15 ohm source resistors to set the bias or would it be to noisy?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
beat me, I'm too confused now with all different files floating in my head, so I can't be sure of these little details

also , fact of me just starting with morning coffee tells you all

in short - 10K-680p is compensatioon strictly for Edcor 600:15K, taken directly from Pa's M2; other autoformers doesn't need that

Revisions:

R.3 is strictly for classic repeaters ( 600:600)

quote of note from upcoming schematic:

XFORMER
Edcor PC600:600 or
Jensen JT-123-FLPCH or
Cinemag CMOQ-4LPC or
Cinemag CMOQ-4HPC

in R.2 I made a mess ( same reason - working on too much things in same time) and remedy shown in post #1886 Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks, so that option applicable to Edcor 600:15K without change, and with change upper quote stays

origin SissySIT (without R in name) , as written in post #1 of Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks :

regarding signal xformers ....... as written in previous thread(s) , pcb is made that you can use either Edcor PC600:15K (same one as in M2) , or Jensen JT-123-FLPCH (same one as in M6) , or Cinemag CMOQ-4LPC (same one as in DEFiSIT and SIT-3) .

conclusion:
- if you're not sure which xformer to order and you're confused ( easy to be when dealing with Mighty ZM), just ask
-if you have them already , even if there is some obstacle/compatibility issue, just ask and we'll solve it with tiny 'xacto knife action and inch of tiny wire

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I can never get the direct links to work properly but look at posts 746, 759 and 761. I stopped looking after that but all 3 of those (different builds) are on Modushop store cases with the Tokin elevator thingies mounted.

Found another one with good lighting and clear angles - post #797

Cheers :cheers:
Stephen

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Look no further!

See : Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

read Post #1 and see pics in next few posts

first pics are for Babelfish M25, will check now for Sissy pics

:)

edit: why should I check for these ....... I have them blogged: SissySIT, another one – Zen Mod Blog

ZM-Wile-Genius.jpg

Last edited: