SinusLive SL-A1500 help needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the amp completely dead or going into protect? If it's completely dead, post the DC voltages on the driver IC (TL494?).

IC#
Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:
Pin 15:
Pin 16:

Attachments

• pstl594pinnumbers01.jpg
    pstl594pinnumbers01.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 427
Yes, you need to replace all 8 of the outputs. Since you only found one shorted, reinstall the others, clamp all of the transistors down (you'll have to place the blown one under the clamp so you can clamp the adjacent output down tightly) and power up the amp. Does it power up and produce audio (at low power output)?

Use a 15 amp fuse in the B+ line to protect the amplifier in case there is another problem.

Have you checked all of the driver transistors and the gate resistors for the outputs? Those commonly fail when the outputs fail.

Do you have an oscilloscope?

Yes I have:)

I have messured alot off DC voltage around U8-9 D16-D17 it´s looking fine now. Output has zero DC and I can load the amplifier (100W@4ohm for now)

BUT

The Power led in the amp will still not light up

Do you have any ideas for "protection voltage or ref voltage" for the protection circuit I can measure or am I still missing something here??

Best regards
Kim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.