Single supply bridge UcD, referencing the signals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks

Hi Stewin
greetings thanks for the information just looking for dual supply schematic like savus schematics sad his schematics are single supply maybe
savu post dual supply bridged amp using 2 IR2110 AND 4 IRFB4227 AS OUTPUTS
i am new to dclass just trying to build this amp for subwoofer applications as i have all components
warm regards
andrew lebon

Hello Cromaniac ...

Very nice project. After i read this thread i started wondering if it is possible to use this topology with 2 pieces of IR2110 instead of the Intersil chip.

The advantage would be that you can use it with almost 200Vdc thus reaching higher power.

I am now in the proces of simulating such a contraption in LTSpice but i have problems because i do not have the serious knowhow needed for designing such an amp.

The simulation does not give the power output that i was hoping for and has big of THD.
Another problem is that the sinewave is all crooked, witch makes me think that the feedback part is not ok and also the gain (input part) has some problems.

Mine uses LT1016 fast comparator and 2 pieces of IR2110 in fulbridge configuration, 4 pieces of IRFB4227 transistors and 180Vdc single supply for the power stage, 15Vdc for the IR drivers and the LT comparator.

I wold realy apreciate if you guys could help me make this thing stable. I have a lot to learn from this BTL topology.

Best regards,
Savu Silviu

Hello,

Can we replace the HIP driver with 2 x Si8244 for a dual supply full bridge with the necessary mods?
Then we could probably exploit the full potential of the Class-D efficiency in terms of power.

What could be the the pitfalls in such an approach?

regards,

bimbla.

Single supply bridge makes more sense

Single supply bridge makes more sense. Single transformer winding, Single bulk capacitor rail....
Everything will be referenced nicely to one ground.

Hopefully I can get the interface to Si8244 correct. This will help overcome the 80V limit of the HIP chip.

Any thoughts...

regards,

bimbla.

Need for DC servo?

Hello Cro Maniac,

The circuit that you have shared should deliver around 400W into 4E load and that is quite substantial.

What is the dc offset at the output? Do you feel that by employing DC servo, the performance could be further improved?

If yes, could you kindly sketch the dc servo interface with the differential modulator?

Thanks in advance!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.