Attachments

• IMG_20220428_180805.jpg
    IMG_20220428_180805.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am not a electrician, i am mining engineer, but with the years i ve learnt that the most important is the power supply! (Imho)
It is important especially in UFSP which is single ended without significant power supply rejection ratio or NFB like op-amps have. Its more like a classic single ended tube circuit architecture. Except we can't have a P tube like we have a PNP transistor to make a folded cascode out of tubes like our input stage in UFSP.

Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
How the VdH Crimson performs through the UFSP between all those phonos? Decent? I have listened to an Octave line amp, tall chassis with three huge knobs connected to push pull tube Octave amps at someone's place few years ago. But not to the Octave phono amp.

Gain question for FSP: I built mine with 40dB gain I believe, which was perfect when using with my previous TT/cart, Project with an Ortofon 2M Bronze (5mV). I got rid of that, and with my current Thorens with a Grace F9E (3.5mV), it is on the limit of my preamplification/headphone amp. Would going to the 43dB gain configuration buy me enough to make the change worthwhile?