Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Oh boy. Just got the CMR caps and other small parts to finish this phono pre. I am bent to finish this and my also basically done DCG3 preamp

Opening case of the phono, I noticed the only board parts not yet soldered in, the M1 and M2 pairs and their small bag were not to be seen.

As I recall these were some of the "super matched" items and are irreplaceable. I bought the "big" kit. If this is so, I will find them, I thought they might be in the DCG3 case, but nope. I'm sure I will locate, there are just a lot of places to look.

Otherwise, perhaps they are an easy to replace part? Rarely do I miss place those, it's the difficult ones I put "somewhere safe." Usually, that is in the case. I wonder if I took them out when I opened to solder C3 and Ç4, the big CMR caps. Nutz.

So, must find these, or easy to replace. I think I already know the answer. I have a lot of boxes to go through!

Russellc

Hey Folks Starting to Stuff my Boards Raw power done. Works great. Started testing resistors for the UBiB 1.3. The schematic shows
5.6R at the R1 position. The resistors I have test at 6.1R is this an acceptable range?

Tea-Bag a little help on the writing please... and a little help on the general vicinity of their placement.

Thanks

Parts.jpg

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Anyone? I can make out the word resistors on both bags and the word signal on the right bag.

Any thoughts on the 6.1 ohm resistor vs the 5.6 ohm on the schematic @ the "R1" position.

See above post.

Thanks
Hi A321Drvr - The BOM is color coded. Look at the blue section on the BOM. Measure each resistor, lookup that value in the blue section and label the resistor with the location. Rinse and repeat until you have gone through them all.

Making progress, trying to read all of the decimal points is tough on an old man.
@RickRay I took your suggestion and measured some 0.1% resistors, right after I changed all three batteries in my DVM's. All of them measured spot on or maybe a ".1 or .2" out. I guess these "Southwire" DVM's just don't like very low ohm resistors.
Funny thing is my $20 meter which is not an auto ranging meter measured "5.8ohms" . Go figure
Progress.jpg

Reactions: 1 user