Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Sounds interesting, can drive high impedance headphones?

Yes I have given it much voltage swing capability. It remains I finish it up on PCB because very fast circuitry, must make sure of all values are in final form due to layout effect, all is quiet, practical etc. Measures very good even on my friend's matrix board beta test build and gave no trouble but you never know what comes to fix when changing layout. Or an idea for something to add etc.

Nice! I will surely build that one!

A friend of mine asked me to build a RIAA preamp for him like mine. Ofcourse I will help him. He just has to be patient!

But, if anyone has any PCB's left, please let me know if you are willing to part with them.

I do not have PCB, but I have fully assembled/tested one with Mundorf SIO and PRP/TX2575(load). Ready to be boxed and connected to Raw DC. It is highest gain version with both 2SK369 in use.
Let me know if you or anyone else interested.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I don't think FSP PCBs are around right now. But I will give signal for a next general GB soon because the Ref-D mini size reg version is ready and tested, its DC Flexy companion raw power board that can take four pole or two pole reservoir capacitor is ready and tested, the Input Selector module with up to six inputs and volume for general use and for complementing my new line preamp/headphone preamp with gain DCG-3 is ready and tested, delays made the PCB for the preamp itself just finishing off its proto design CAD stage though. But there are very successful matrix board builds running for months now.
Any thread describing this?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Any thread describing this?

No because not tested on final PCB so not finished. To give you an idea, here is a friend's prototype in pre-configured donor box as seen on my bench passing squarewaves because it came for a debugging first. Idle extra trafos from former builds in there too. Works for three months reliably since then. It won top dog preamp status in his system he tells me. He has made many popular DIY pre both tube and sand in his hobby life.

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 307
Joined 2011
Paid Member
No because not tested on final PCB so not finished. To give you an idea, here is a friend's prototype in pre-configured donor box as seen on my bench passing squarewaves because it came for a debugging first. Idle extra trafos from former builds in there too. Works for three months reliably since then. It won top dog preamp status in his system he tells me. He has made many popular DIY pre both tube and sand in his hobby life.

Cool. Looks like SSLVs, a pre with manly fets and an encoder controlled relay input selector. Or is it a pot? Or dual purpouse maybe?