Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Try to find a half point TP2 to TP1 when its steady. 4.4Vish in your case I would suppose. 2nd stage should come up too. Your Jfets are stronger than you think most possibly. Don't wind up the SSLV too fast lest you get any magic smoke incident.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What is max b+ i can deal with without messing up anything. Does the b+ affect the Riaa?

In your case its just setting it up correctly. You may end up with 60dB gain, no negatives. Position the TP2 trimmer few turns below half value first. Max B+ you may regard the one that is going to give you 11V at second stage's drain to GND.

Yes it is night star. In the 19th century people were refering to the same star with two dirrefent names. Etoile du soir and etoile du matin (morining star).

I'm refering to the shematic in the wiki:
Salas Simplistic NJFET Riaa Schematics - diyAudio

Sorry for the ambiguity. Maybe i'll be more clear if I describe what I really want to do.
I'm using for now the shure m97 cartdrige and I have a bunch of 2sk170 matched at 6-6.5 ma that I want to use.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes it is night star. In the 19th century people were refering to the same star with two dirrefent names. Etoile du soir and etoile du matin (morining star).

I'm refering to the shematic in the wiki:
Salas Simplistic NJFET Riaa Schematics - diyAudio

Sorry for the ambiguity. Maybe i'll be more clear if I describe what I really want to do.
I'm using for now the shure m97 cartdrige and I have a bunch of 2sk170 matched at 6-6.5 ma that I want to use.

Briefed clearly. Will reply in time and in detail.