Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Hi Guys,
PCB with star power. Maxpou

Attachments

• Salas phono PCB.png
    Salas phono PCB.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 288
@massimo & maxpou

Seems that all our new project is 60 dBs, why not share the design & cost to make a professional pcb?

At this moment we are 3.....

Too much trouble and expensive.... at least for me.
Secondly I'm designing my own pcb for my components and case. It won't be "universal" at all.

When tested, I'll publish the layout and everybody can do their own homework ;)

In the shunt reg: base/grid stopper are cheap carbon 1/4W pitch 10mm, other resistors Dale 1/2W p.12,5mm. Wima caps (possibly) p.27,5 or 37,5mm and Bourns trimmer

In the RIAA: Dale 1/2W p.12,5mm and 1W p.17,5mm. Elcaps Silmic II. RIAA network: teflon caps (pulled out from an old ML phono board) p.17.5 or 22,5mm. Coupling cap: Russian FT-2 (body 20 dia x 52 mm) p.55mm. Output cap: Obbligato Premium (body 25 dia x 50mm) p.60mm. Both mounted under the pcb for minumum tracks lenght (as Disco did in his pcb).

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
In the shunt reg. v1.2 the Wima caps will be MKP 4.7uF?

In the RIAA mine silver mica russians caps are p. 11 mm instead 17.5 or 22.5mm so can be used, coupling teflon caps FT-3 are body 27 mm x 53 mm so will be more or less the same than FT-2 if you do p.55 mm, p. 60mm for output cap allows use several kind of types.

Did you compare Obbligato vs Auricap, Rcruz uses also Obbligato, hear that Mundorf are vey good but are very expensive for mine pocket, actually I use Auricap 3.3uF with good success.

I bought a pair of 3,3uF Obbligato Premium because of (or thanks to) Ricardo.
I discovered later that a friend of mine is importing them from HK. He also does Mundorf and he told me that many people who bought them said they "fight" closely against the Silver Gold Oil series for a fraction of the price. Auricap: never tried, but Air Tight uses them and I like their products.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I supposed that you are refering to Obbligato Gold premium aluminum film caps (630VDC) 3.3uF because are the dimensions you said before, aren't expnsive so today I ordered a couple to try & compare vs Auricap.

Acoustic-Dimension, high-end audio and components for tube audio

I also mind that Air Tight are special products with very good sounds almost a little high priced like Audionote.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
On e-bay is DIY-hifi-supply Hong-Kong the seller.

I listened a clone of Audionote Ongaku with a couple of 211 but tubes aren't for me. Mine prefered tube is E34L Tesla configured in triode only 1 tube single-ended class "A" good sound but only a few watts.

No problem, when your PCB is ready let me know exact p.