Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

One more question. I am powering up the aikido preamp stage everything at once, the heaters and B+ at the same time. So the regulator feeds cold tubes for few seconds. Is this potentially dangerous to regulator in some way? I guess not, because I have this configuration running for almost half a year, but I am asking just to be sure.

Thank you.

One more question. I am powering up the aikido preamp stage everything at once, the heaters and B+ at the same time. So the regulator feeds cold tubes for few seconds. Is this potentially dangerous to regulator in some way? I guess not, because I have this configuration running for almost half a year, but I am asking just to be sure.

Thank you.

no problem, if not have mane mA, you need for Pre!

does not matter if your Heatsinks is big enough for 840.

my SSHV is working at 315vdc and mje350 at 295vdc for 6 months or so with no issues so far. i say give it a try.

I'm collecting parts for a 300v SSHV as shown in post #967. The test suggests replacing Q2 MJE350 with a higher voltage part, namely the 400V MPSA94. This part is not available to me from my normal suppliers. Are there other suitable components for Q2 that I could try to source?

Thanks.

I just powered the new regs and I see smoke coming from the current adj resistors. The resistors can handle 3 W. Any ideas what's wrong?

Attachments

• SSHVOPT[1].gif
    SSHVOPT[1].gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 443
You can, just adjust R1 to give you the the total current mA consumption for the two channels, plus about 25mA to be burnt on the shunt.
Of course you will get better results with one regulator per channel.

thank you vgeorge for a clear and fast reply :)

I would supply the 26's with two regulator just after clc filter but I doubt that a simple az1 mesh could reach out total current needed.
Anto