Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Hi pidesd

I've got the eXStata as well - what areas are improved using the Salas reg over the standard eXStata supply?

Thanks

i ve been giving juice to my exstata (The eXStatA Electrostatic Amplifier) with my prototype bipolar salas reg for a handful of hours now and so far i have not noticed any sign of oscillation or malfunction and it sounds great (how surprising? ;)). in the meantime i ve been working on a final compact version but i cant make it work. but i highly suspect the problem comes from some kind of mishandling from me :). i ll give updates when i try to debug it. as usual, pictures not available:( ...for now

marcus,

i have not tried the default PSU from cavalli but i doubt the salas reg is inferior... but also maybe there is no audible difference. there is no way to tell for sure until both are compared but noise output is less from salas shunt, i m pretty sure about that.

but try it for yourself and let us know. i m curious about it too. it s as easy as diy can get...well almost :)

i m using a crcrc 200uf-200r-...

but more capacitance or use of inductors might boost performance.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Salas,

as you perhaps know, my Tube-I-zator use a unregulated psu for the B+.
With the experiences from your low voltage shunt in my mind :cloud9:, i have made an upgrade module for the Tube-I-zator based on your circuit design.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The first power up runs perfect!

After a light output voltage drift in the first minutes, it stand´s solid at the wanted 150V voltage (Input 170V).

In my case the two 6N2P tubes need´s ~3mA together, so i think i could stay with the 56R current adj. resistor.

I am really looking forward to the weekend when i have time to test it in my circuit.

Best regards,
Oliver

P.S.: I have only made a few pcb´s, so no additional GB for this. ;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I coudn´t wait till weekend....:cheerful:

I prepared my Tube-I-zator module for this upgrades. Just get rid of the bridges for the two B+ Lines, integrate the shunt and make a new bridge to power both output lines...

... and it´s sound H o l o g r a p h i c :worship:

No it´s time to take all projects in a nice case, before my wife...:Popworm:...kicks me in my butt.

:cheers:

Hi Salas,

on BAS PSU (CRC), output of +B has resistor divder to reference Heater (-).

do I still use the BAS resistor divider or I should put one on output of the HV shunt? does it matter which way?

I have the following:

trafo --> BAS PSU(tube recitifer, 220V) --> HV Shunt(200V, 45mA) --> +B Aikido

Thanks.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi guys,

Please could you help me, for my pre-amp AN x 4 6922 SRPP I'm looking for a schematic for B+ 165 Vout I will use these PSU posted by Salas instead the Maida because I want to do the Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt Regs.

147613d1258842614-valve-itch-phono-valveitchpsusm.jpg

SRPP schematic

Also for a friend that owns a MM PXXXXX P10 I want to do the SMHVSR

Last edited: