Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Problem solved!

I can't imagine that with 1K of trimmer, the range of regulation was from 35 to 300 volts! And obviously, with 50Volts v-out the rest of tension was dissipated by the mosfets, reaching high temperature. Simply adjusting voltage to the 250 volts needed the regulator works very fine.

I've mounted on my aikido and must admit it is quite better than the tube regulator I had. Noise near to zero, hissing too. More impact and dynamic. Voices are simply awesome, stage bigger and deeper, in few words, higly raccomanded!

To reduce the sizing of heatsink the drop voltage in/out must be the minimum possible.

Thanks salas for the great project! :)

Attachments

• salas_1_ok.jpg
    salas_1_ok.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 4,153
Problem solved!

I've mounted on my aikido and must admit it is quite better than the tube regulator I had. Noise near to zero, hissing too. More impact and dynamic. Voices are simply awesome, stage bigger and deeper, in few words, higly raccomanded!

To reduce the sizing of heatsink the drop voltage in/out must be the minimum possible.

Thanks salas for the great project! :)

Hi! Congratulations!
thanks, you too hard with it!

Hi Salas!
I know it, but because there are many people struggling to build SSHV, so I need to show them how simple, someone may not find it anywhere, so I've put in here! Thank you very much.

I always consider you a master of design resources and I respect it, and also want people to know the true value of SSHV.
The best thing for you!
Quanghao

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
People know more than we think. You can't beat the communal mind. And I am no master of design, my knowledge in electronics is amateurish lazy level. I just try out simple concepts that hopefully have good fidelity to simplicity ratio and can be easily repeated.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A cascoded tube control element with VR tube voltage reference and EL84 pass element. Italian circuit non the less. Should have had a good tone. But those schemes although fine, can not have the noise and Zo performance and flatness that we achieve here with bunch of few parts, much more economically so, without heaters, tube wear, etc.