Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yep Salas you are my man:), I can use these two nice HIF2000 boxes for my 26 preamp;).

Attachments

• DSC00156.jpg
    DSC00156.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00158.jpg
    DSC00158.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 324
You can just buy the missing pieces, if you wish. Basically you keep the top and bottom cover and buy front/rear panels and a couple of sides.
The galaxy 4 cm is sometime a bit too slim even for solid state projects. That's why I keep on asking them to design a 6 cm high galaxy series, nearly perfect for everything ;)

You can just buy the missing pieces, if you wish. Basically you keep the top and bottom cover and buy front/rear panels and a couple of sides.
The galaxy 4 cm is sometime a bit too slim even for solid state projects. That's why I keep on asking them to design a 6 cm high galaxy series, nearly perfect for everything ;)
It may be because of the standard rack mount spacing that you get the 4cm high . the 6cm is odd at 1.5 rack space so a 8cm is more likely to happen . Or at least that what it looks like to me.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thank you for the advice Massimo but it is not worth still having me with free pieces. I am going to ask for a new box with 8 cm of height but first of all tomorrow I have to check if the 8cm tall will be enough for 1 power tx for B+, 1 choke, 1 tx for AZ1 filaments and 2 txs for Rod Coleman heaters regs.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Not inside, I dare say. I put the pw Xfrm (HV + Rectifier Fil) and the choke on the top and the two big Xfrms for Rod's reg inside. Then I have rooms for all the caps.

Going to take some pics when I'll have time.

Yes I count to put all txs outside, but my mains power tx for B+ is a Bartolucci double C-Core & choke is also Bartolucci so both are big & heavy, I will post some pics tomorrow.

Salas sorry for OT.

Massimo if you want we will follows by pm or email.

Cheers