Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yup it is a "DC blocking cap". Plus the value is high enough so that there is no bass loss. And as Esperado says, use a high quality film cap here. Mine however has a cheap nonpolar electrolytic.
Hm... I have some high quality film cap, but I don't remembering having such high value. I have tons of 1uF film cap though, but I think not enough for this purpose :confused:

If i'm not wrong, its a bit rare to have these high value film cap, isn't it ?;)

That's correct.
Hi, I have insert the input filter, as close to base as possible. But the slight buzzing nosie I mention earlier still exist, maybe due to lack of shielding. (it is naked PCB ^^ no casing so far)

But what I notice is that the idle current of all my BJT is lower, maybe due to elimination of inaudible oscillation. 10mA of VAS became lesser than 9mA most of the time, except VAS become very hot due to palying music loudly.

Anyway, casing for shielding should connect to safety earth or ground ? or use '1 ohm style' ?

What I notice is that the idle current of all my BJT is lower, maybe due to elimination of inaudible oscillation. 10mA of VAS became lesser than 9mA most of the time.

You can decrease the 1k2 resistors in small steps to increase current through input and VAS transistors.

VAS become very hot due to palying music loudly.

Small "U" shaped heatsinks will be good for VAS. Direct contact, no mica or other insulation.

Anyway, casing for shielding should connect to safety earth or ground ?

Safety earth directly connected to casing. From there a 10ohm to signal ground.

You can decrease the 1k2 resistors in small steps to increase current through input and VAS transistors.
Hehe, I have no problem with that, I could adjust the pot to adjust both sides idle current and output voltage.

But what I meant is this happen (reduction of current) without adjusting pot, I'm suggesting something happen in input line, such as reduction of HF noise.

Maybe I should put up my schematic later on after I make it nice ^^

Small "U" shaped heatsinks will be good for VAS. Direct contact, no mica or other insulation.
hehe, I'm using small heatsink, but sufficiently cooled for me. The VAS doesn't goes very hot, but just makes idle current increase slightly.

Safety earth directly connected to casing. From there a 10ohm to signal ground.

Hm..... yeah, but if I doesn't remember wrongly, someone also suggest put cap parallelly to the 10 ohm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.