Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My layout on my mind

The attached is my new idea (1 piece per channel). Its a bit too plain so i think i will explain some of it. 1st picture is top view, 2nd picture is rear view.

The colours are quite apparent, so i will skip that part (sections). About the positioning, the transformer fix at same level with the circuit seems will affect one side of OPS, so i will adjust it lower, at the same level putting rectifiers and some varistor for protection purpose. This should reduce problem with transformer, but will the rectifier affected by its central field ?

My heatsink its a bit special, which is "originally" intended for Power LED. It is extruded fin type, so it had to face up and top of those circuitry.

Attachments

• layout.JPG
    layout.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 643
  • layout horizontal.JPG
    layout horizontal.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 630
It looks like u have a long distance between your o/p stages & input/VAS.

Best to have all tracks between all stages as short as is possible and also feedback path as short as is possible.

if you want some distance somewhere then perhaps think about putting your diode board on the other side of your heatsink so that the sink acts as a screen - heaksink need to be earthed anyway.

It looks like u have a long distance between your o/p stages & input/VAS.

Best to have all tracks between all stages as short as is possible and also feedback path as short as is possible.

if you want some distance somewhere then perhaps think about putting your diode board on the other side of your heatsink so that the sink acts as a screen - heaksink need to be earthed anyway.
That depends on actual circuit layout, so I'm on it now.
I'm thinking of making something similar to Lazycat's design, but different its that my board will be single sided, flipped upside down (LC's board to side) due to heatsink requirement. So I guess it needs alot of mechanical support for the board.(screws, bolts, etc)
The gap between board underside (copper path circuits) and heatsink about 7mm, is that sufficient ?
Does big capacitors (reservoir) acts as a shield against transformer influence ?

If I were to add a LED in my circuit (in a easy way without complication) to show its "life signal", where could I add ?

Attachments

• SSA TT-YY nu.jpg
    SSA TT-YY nu.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 527
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.