Simple summing circuit needed for DIY audiophile grade mixer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I'm in the process of making a dual valve phono pre-amp to get rid of my DJ mixer and I was wondering if people could advise on what the best way to get the two signals into one output is.

I am basing this on Jan Lodström's REMUS design (3 ECC83s and 2 ECC82s). Essentially, I will be building two complete separate amps in the same chassis. Now, the idea is that the outputs from the two pre-amps is then fed into a simple, clean summing circuit - no need for individual attenuation or panning, the former will be done at the pre-amp stage and the latter I have no need or desire fot. Importantly, I want to minimise all influence to the sound from the circuit.

Can anyone suggest something?

Thanks a lot!

Nikos

I wonder why you should build two pre-amps it is enough that you build one and have two relays and a switch that you can switch between the two inputs I have this in my pre-amps I have built.

He probably wants to cross fade between the two turntables.

The 2 resistors will work, just need to figure out the values, which depend on the input impedance of your power amp, and the output impedance of the pres (if there not low enough to neglect).

He probably wants to cross fade between the two turntables.

The 2 resistors will work, just need to figure out the values, which depend on the input impedance of your power amp, and the output impedance of the pres (if there not low enough to neglect).

First off, thanks everyone for the input.

cbdb is spot on, I want to be able to crossfade between the two turntables, which is why switching is not an option.

I'll do a little homework on impedance:resistor values and may check back with you for advice, till then, thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.