Simple remote volume control (controlled through arduino)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Project isn't dead. I soldered it up this afternoon. Basic switching works. I "only" have to program the arduino now.

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 383
I spoke too soon. Using the code found here as a basis, all the pins of the arduino do what they're supposed to. So that was the easy part...

But there is something wrong with the motor drive. When the inputs are low, both terminals of the motor sit at 5v, which is fine. But as soon as I switch one control pin high and the other low, the bridge doesn't behave as expected. In one case, I get 0V and 0.23V at the motor terminals, in the other, 1.1V and 0V.

Oh, and I'm fairly stupid too. Only 3 of the 5 relays work because I didn't notice the na5w-k I used are polarized...:rolleyes:

Time to rework the pcb. I'll need to switch the pins of the relay at least. And I might as well simplify things by using paralleled pins of the arduino to directly drive the motor.

But there is something wrong with the motor drive. When the inputs are low, both terminals of the motor sit at 5v, which is fine. But as soon as I switch one control pin high and the other low, the bridge doesn't behave as expected. In one case, I get 0V and 0.23V at the motor terminals, in the other, 1.1V and 0V.
Of course, everything is allright if the motor isn't connected. And the motor works on its own.

And I might as well simplify things by using paralleled pins of the arduino to directly drive the motor.

That's a no go. The nano is limited at 100ma per pins' groups (analog pins and digital pins).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.