Simple and cheap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Yeah!...Yes, no problem.... just show us

destroyer X said:
The schematic and we all will be happy....i loose a lot of time testing and using damn multisim to make the thing works for you.... this way..... poor charlie(i am)..... want's to see your thing(the schematic man!).
hahaha
Carlos

Dear Carlos- sorry about wasting Your time hope this mail will be o.k. not to be mad at me any more

:rolleyes:

Here it is- the amplifier is 40W on 8Ohm and 60W at 4Ohm, frequency characteristic is within 1dB from 15Hz to 100kHz; current amplification is about 200000; low quiescent current (25mA to 50mA); heatsink for output transistors is between 1.5 and 2 C/W; BD139/140 needs heatsinking of about 12C/W; L1 is constructed by winding 2*10 turn of 0,8 or 1,0mm dia enamelled copperwire around R7 (1R/1W); current consumption is max. 1,0A on 40W and 1,75 for 60W.
The pictures were taken before I got my hands on it. I will change the old caps with something better from my junkbox. If anyone would like to have better schematic please let me know.
Regards
daniel

Attachments

• elektor_resize.jpg
    elektor_resize.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 547
A wonderfull schematic

I like very well the schematic, also the output transistors...no matter people say, old, bad, awfull, or a lot off things.

This transistor is a very, very, long time friend.... It heat my heart since sixties... wonderfull transistor.

Was kidding..... also frustrated too.... i loose time because i want it...no problems.... "poor charlie" is only to warm your heart and put schematic for us!

Happy to see some warm can move some people... that's great.

Sometimes i use this "warming" effect in Nordish people, they be astonished!( Hey, not all them!) ..no need to ask too many thanks!...please!.... when shocked, they crack their ice from all parts and explode in small pieces!... warm, heat, do not combine with some cold people. (hahahaha.... they melt!)

sometimes... this heat works!

And i started to dance .... "I feel good!"

Carlos

Hi Daniel,

The amplifier you have posted is my all time favorite from Elektor.
I've built it with some mods and I think it is superb.The mods are:

1. RC filtering to the early stages (22 R and 1000u)
2.Emitter resistors for the input stage.
3.Plastic complementary power devices for the output.

A stereo pair, power supply and heatsink adapters fits nicely on a
single sided 10cm. by 18 cm. PCB.It is one of the quitest amps I've heard so far.You can't hear ANY noise with your ear next to the speaker cone.Also, the on-off thumps are non-existent.

Works happily with any supply.I've used 2x12 V transformers and
2x24 V transformers.Actually, whenever I build something new, I
use low power, low voltage transformers for testing.

I really recommend this one for high quality, medium power applications.If I can get the picture, I'll post some pictures here.

Best Regards
Selim

Hi Selim

I did know that it is o.k. working amp- now I now it would be worth of some modifying. Thanks for the tips and please post some pictures....:D

Oh, BTW, I won't be at the forum for 2 days (till friday night) so ....
Write You soon or something.

Destroyer X - well I think it is nice when people are nice here at the forum.... after all we are all here to help each other.... I just didn't want to bother anyone too much..... Simple I have something or not:) Well You did more- thanks again...
regards
daniel:smash: :smash:

Hi Daniel,

I have built quite a few of those amplifiers.For emitter resistors
of the input stage, I have used different values ranging from 0 R
to 100 R.The input stage transistors were always BC550C and BC560C.The VAS transistors were always BC546B and BC556B.
The output transistors I have used were BD911/BD912, TIP3055/TIP2955, BD249C/BD250C and TIP35C/TIP36C.All versions worked with no audible difference among them.I would suggest that slight emitter degenaration (something like 22R to 47 R) is best.

Best Regards

Selim

selim said:
Hi Daniel,

I have built quite a few of those amplifiers.For emitter resistors
of the input stage, I have used different values ranging from 0 R
to 100 R.The input stage transistors were always BC550C and BC560C.The VAS transistors were always BC546B and BC556B.
The output transistors I have used were BD911/BD912, TIP3055/TIP2955, BD249C/BD250C and TIP35C/TIP36C.All versions worked with no audible difference among them.I would suggest that slight emitter degenaration (something like 22R to 47 R) is best.

Best Regards

Selim

thanks -selim
regards
daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.