• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sure this is discussed somewhere, but this seems as good a place as ay to ask:

What does the third terminal in an XLR connect to? Is it line, return and cable shield? I'm guessing not, as it seems to entail so much more parts for a Lightspeed...

Also, is it really better, and if so, how?

Many thanks
Lucas

the LED/LDR attenuator does the same job as a dual log pot.
It can be used almost anywhere that a pot is used as an attenuator.

But, it needs other support to allow functionality, a PSU.

Hi AndrewT,

thaks for your reply.

So I will change my euridice and ugs pre volume pots with it!:)

Only wonder if pot position (euridice in , ugs out ) would affect sound.

Regards,
Anto

Anto,
I dont use your system so I dont know, but I would assume a 100k pot would be nothing like a 7-8k LSA. What value pot is used in your pre? If its something in the 10k-20k area I would have no problem replacing it as long as your source has low output impedance. I assume you have a 100k pot in your pre. If thats the case you might want to ask the designer what you can do to increase the input impedance of your pre so that the LSA will work with it.
Uriah

Last edited:
I assume you have a 100k pot in your pre. If thats the case you might want to ask the designer what you can do to increase the input impedance of your pre so that the LSA will work with it.
Uriah[/QUOTE]

Thanks Uriah for your reply,
yes this is the case . So a solution might be change the 100 k pot with a 200k (or more) resistor between signal in and ground . The signal will go to the grid from the rca side of the resistor.
Anto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.