Silly Questions and Answers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you use mechanical resonator it can be a stabilizing element itself.

I count that as a stabilizing element. I.e. Crystal, ceramic resonators are in that category. Theorize for a moment. Is there anyone you can identify that has used the Z x Y = 1 method? You may think that the world does not need another oscillator, but the principles may be far reaching.

Hi Spladski. I am not 100% sure but I think you'll find that the John Linsley Hood 10 watt class A amp had no compensation in its original form. A later mod' suggested an optional comp' cap for highly capacitive loads. (If I have understood your Qs correctly) And one of his later oscillators (he designed and published several) may not have had a thermistor stabilizer either......have to check that one though....not sure

Hi popilin I heard another version on the "fish" theme. An African woman said that they have a saying. "If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day....if you teach him to fish he will leave you in peace all weekend!"
Cheers, Jonathan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.