Silly Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm on a FB group that posts pictures of PAs, and today I saw a couple I've never seen before.

Here's today's "silly horns of the day"

attachment.php

Community Leviathan II - based on the dimensions looks like this horn has pattern control down to almost 100hz(!)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Giant horn PA from realhorns.com

Now post yours!

Those aren't silly at all. They are manly soul exciters :)

I actually had the Leviathan midbass horns in my system, now a friend has them in his huge basement with some 300 Hz Edgar tractrix horns and TAD 4001's - it sounds very good

Last edited:
LOL, sure in free space. Most people here actually put their horns in rooms.

Actually horns make more sense in free space than in a room.
It took me a while to realize that. For instance, I used to have my speakers in my concrete walled basement. In a room like that, with strong rigid walls, the room adds so much gain below the Schroeder frequency, the room itself basically horn loads the LF. (Because 40hz is 28 feet long.)

Wonder what the huge "point" source in the last picture might have been used for (i.e. what the other side might have been aimed at).
But those look like old JBL drivers that cost a fortune back then.

Regards

Charles

Edit: Ouch ..... was a little slow in posting, I was talking about the one before the last one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.