Silicon Chip mag "BEST diy speaker ever published anywhere"...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem is that the editor has gone senile in his old age and I suspect a little nasy,he users the editorial page at the start of the mag every month to rail against anyone and everything however remotely connected to electronics.
It is always good to have professionals from all spheres here; I didn't realise you are a doctor, nor did I realise that editorials should be used for a purpose other than "editorial comment". You live and learn.

But... You gotta love that kitchen cabinet look and silver screws
It IS based on a kitchen cabinet, so that builders don't have to do the critical woodwork. The article makes that clear.

I own a few issues of the silicon chip magazine. My opinion is that it is basically a cool mag but that its editor seems to be a know-all, sometimes ranting about subjects he doesn't seem to have the slightest knowledge of....
Without that "know-all", Australia would not have an electronics hobby magazine. It is a very small market so to keep it running for so long is remarkable. I buy it every month, even if it is only to support the magazine. Publications such as this are becoming rarer and rarer. I have seen the editor admit to his error; how many people do that?

Ok, this is a joke right? Nobody can seriously publish such an awful looking magazine in this day and age. Am i the only one who finds the use of an under age girly on the front cover just a little bit creepy?
Quite possibly. I didn't think about that at all and was surprised that anyone would say something of that ilk.

Abs

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It is always good to have professionals from all spheres here; I didn't realise you are a doctor, nor did I realise that editorials should be used for a purpose other than "editorial comment". You live and learn.

It IS based on a kitchen cabinet, so that builders don't have to do the critical woodwork. The article makes that clear.

Without that "know-all", Australia would not have an electronics hobby magazine. It is a very small market so to keep it running for so long is remarkable. I buy it every month, even if it is only to support the magazine. Publications such as this are becoming rarer and rarer. I have seen the editor admit to his error; how many people do that?

Quite possibly. I didn't think about that at all and was surprised that anyone would say something of that ilk.

Abs

Wow you trolled a lot of baits there mate and not one bite.

That is smart thinking.
Yes, Leo Simpson bought the magazine rights and has kept it going.
It is notable that SC is one of the remaining few hobbyist electronics magazines, and that many overseas readers subscribe.

Dan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.