Signal direction of bulk Z-foil resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
otg adaptor.jpg
Bill, these are OTG adaptors that I use to plug USB soundcards into my Android phone, one contains minute amount of magic flooby dust.
The sound out of the attached soundcard is quite strongly different according to the adaptor used.
Wire and component direction is but one component of 'system sound'.

Dan.

Last edited:
....I think you should do some research before throwing groundless accusations at me... Yet again you are being rude.....

But Mr. BGE, now you are definitely out and bicycling with your off-topic rant instead of enlighten us, questions aren't accusations nor rudeness, we are here to learn from you, so please let us remind about your earlier post which states....

Need I remind you that the original question of this thread was about the audible direction of Z-foil resistors in particular and not a general discussion whether you could hear/measure direction in components

do you recall it? :D

I won't go into further detail here, since it would still be an off-topic discussion.

yep, we have noticed your obstinate preference of derailing the discussion with drivel, nonsense and off-topics. :rolleyes:

I already gave my subjective opinion. It was long time ago in post #11. It appears you are too lazy to read the thread or at lest the beginning of it.

I do not wish to enlighten anyone. My intention was to share experience with people who believe in component directionality.

Try the Feynman lectures on physics.

Read those before going to varsity and really enjoyed them. Strangely enough, they didn't affect my hearing. Maybe i was just being lucky :)

Threads like this are an excellent reminder of the devastating effects higher education may impose on a young person's mind. Applied irresponsibly it may also cause permanent physiological damage :p

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I already gave my subjective opinion. It was long time ago in post #11. It appears you are too lazy to read the thread or at lest the beginning of it.

I do not wish to enlighten anyone. My intention was to share experience with people who believe in component directionality.

Actually religion is forbidden at this forum :cool:

Jan

I understand guys like DF96, GoatGuy, KSTR and others. They know, they see the light and it bothers them that some fellow members are willingly choosing and spreading ignorance and self-delusion. Trying to stop that is human as insisting on it is too.
Fighting ignorance is desperately futile work.

That's why we need a special part of the forum (e.g. ridiculous beliefs, ignorant's playground or something like that) for this kind of threads or maybe threads like this should be forbidden by forum's policy. Otherwise, enormous amounts of energy will be wasted, conflicts and bad vibes nourished...

Last edited:
Actually religion is forbidden at this forum :cool
Mock me as long as you wish. I never mentioned anything about religious beliefs.

Otherwise, enormous amounts of energy will be wasted, conflicts and bad vibes nourished...
I totaly agree on both your statements!

[...]maybe threads like this should be forbidden by forum's policy.
If you manage to do it and change forum rules, it means you need to lock/delete tons of nice threads where people share and discuss subjective sound properties of components.

If there was a proper forum moderation, this thread should long be split in (at least) two separate threads.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I understand guys like DF96, GoatGuy, KSTR and others. They know, they see the light and it bothers them that some fellow members are willingly choosing and spreading ignorance and self-delusion. Trying to stop that is human as insisting on it is too.

That's why we need a special part of the forum (e.g. ridiculous beliefs, ignorant's playground or something like that) for this kind of threads or maybe threads like this should be forbidden by forum's policy. Otherwise, enormous amounts of energy will be wasted, conflicts and bad vibes nourished...

I agree with your description of the situation, but your solution is probably not practically possibly. In the current thread the situation is clear, but there may be cases where it is not such a clear case of ignorance and belief. Then who is going to decide what is allowed and what not? Don't forget that even if the OP doesn't change his mind there are many listening in on the background that are much more free to accept reason and change their mind because they have not dug themselves in.

So I think the current state of affairs is not too bad overall.
But yeah, it is frustrating sometimes when all your good intentions achieve absolutely zilch, nothing, nada, niks, nichts.

Jan

Last edited:
The sad part is that even when the "believers" are offered professional help to experimentally substantiate their claims they choose to ignore it -- I've seen it so many times and it's happening here again as we can see.
Then you know they're all just talking loud and saying nothing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.